Your javelin throw training should consists of huge amount of discussion before actually touching the javelin. Plan ahead! Always improve on your technique!
Practice is key to all progress, but you should never overlook the basic teachings!
JAVELIN THROW TECHNIQUE 5 POINTS FOR YOUR IMPROVEMENTS
- Discuss key elements of training with your coach! Your year around plan for development as a thrower, with key learning points, result oriented targets, mental development.
- Film your practice, film your throws in competition! Re-Watch the videos as many time as necessary for improvements. Watch comparative videos of you and an javelin throwers that’s a little bit better than you. Elit throwers videos are placed to YouTube!!Practice key throwing elements with slow motion reps. Your throws in slow motion helps eliminating bad throws. The coach is there to pinpoint what is wright and wrong.
- Each practice, each week should bring a new skill for further developing javelin technique! So plan your year ahead and balance your important skill sets. Do not forget the weak side training!!!
- Always work on your perfect position, a throw with style! Javelin throw is a beautiful event, so make the most effort to make a nice throw!
- Remember, if your efforts are not well placed, your throws go nowhere and nearyby where your expectations are! Your mindset worth just as much as your physical efforts during the throws! Set your mindset for perfect technique and well-balanced big throws!